Thursday, May 26, 2011

kitty style {and other stuff}

I am feeling a bit lost this week. I seem to have jumped headlong back into blogging without much though about what I actually want for this little space of mine. I have realised how this blog is such a small view of things. There is nothing much about what really goes on in my life, the struggle I have with my messy house, my personal thoughts and battles, my relationships. There isn't even much sewing or crafting going on which is how it all began. And the hardest part is I don't know what I want from this whole blogging thing anymore anyway - but I do know I am not ready to let it go, there are just too many good friends and fabulous things to see and be part of. And I am coming up for five years here, five years folks! I can't miss that little excuse for a celebration. So I guess that means I will still be here posting little snippets of this and that, a million and one photographs of the smalls and generally just pootling along.

Back to the all important Kitty style this week. This little cardigan was knitted for Lottie when she was small. It was my favourite baby knit ever. This is the second winter Kitty has worn it and after much searching I have found a replacement - but more on that another week. The vintage dress is old - very very old - and quite delicate. That's why it is saved for rainy days at home rather than out and and about. I started collecting vintage kids clothes when my eldest son was small over 20 years ago! This little dress has been with me for years and I have no idea where I originally got it from. I have a feeling it may even be a nightdress, but I love it too much to use it for that.





cardigan - hand-me-down-hand-knit originally made for her big sister
dress - vintage from my collection
leggings - last seasons gymboree tights with the feet cut off

We are linking up again with hart+sew this week for little vintage style. Why don't you go and check out all the wee ones rocking their vintage gear.
And there are even more cute kids to be found over at small style.

20 comments:

One Flew Over said...

Adorable! Both creations are beautiful xx

Sara said...

this is precious as can be!!!

ringmaster said...

what a sweet outfit! she looks so adorable in this.

Belinda aka beeware said...

'Kitty style' is adorable. I do love that cardi..I wonder what stitch it is..do you know?
I do love your blog, it is always pretty so keep going!

Karen said...

Gorgeous Ingrid - and the photos of Kitty are beautiful.

Bianca said...

i really love this outfit! the cardigan and dress look so perfect together.
the red dress on my blog is probably too small for kitty, but i have another one pretty much the same in a size 3, i'll find it for you and put it as a reserved listing so you get to look at it first if you like (i'll email you).
also, i love your blog! bits and pieces of things are good!

lizziedoesit said...

what a sweet dress, really cool you kept it! and so is the knitted sweater :)
ive been thinking the same thing... i dont know exactly what i want from my blog.. and keeping a consistency is difficult when you have so much on your plate. but you take great pictures and i enjoy it! keep blogging!! xo Liz

Monique said...

Pretty Kitty! She always looks so peaceful.

fran said...

I was pondering the exact same thing this morning - blogging and what it means to me/how it represents such a minute piece of my life really.
But as others have said, snippets are good, and your snippets are such lovely snippets!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

She's precious. Your photos are beautiful!

Steph

Danielle said...

PLEASE send me that cardi. love.love. :)

Lil Muse Lily said...

i often feel the same about my blog. it's definitely more Lily's space than mine.

she looks adorable, love the hue of the pics

Morgan said...

Kitty is adorable and I love the cardigan and dress. So pretty!

Paul & Paula ★ said...

this perfect
the cardigan, the dress (want one for me) and the light coming in... absolutely georgous!

Small Things Simple Pleasures said...

I'm all for pootling. It feels real, which I love.

Suz said...

I LOVE the cardigan. Do you know what pattern it is?
suz at sewpony

Stacy said...

i am positive everyone who blogs feels that way at least once whether they say it or not... i have felt that way myself many times, but your space is beautiful so i hope you keep it up! and gorgeous dress ingrid!

Duyvken said...

Blogging is a funny thing, isn't it? I started my blog to learn to quilt from all the great resources there are on other blogs but I manage to spend such a small amount of time sewing that there's very little of that on the blog. Mostly it's photos of things, and random bits and pieces although I do try very hard to make it 'crafty'. Over the years it has become a way of maintaining friendships I have made and it has been a great resource for me - I would never have found Craft Room without it - so I don't want to let it go even though it doesn't really do anything productive. I am glad that you are blogging again, and keep up Kitty-style, I love it!

kim rakes said...

i am a bit late, but i just wanted you to know how much i love the outfit and all the shots. they tell such a pretty story :)

bettina said...

Another lovely story and I'm so glad you are still blogging you have so many 'moments' to share.

a precious friend

b xo