Saturday, May 28, 2011

little vintage people {thrifty friday}


How cute are these folks all lined up for a shot! Yesterday at my local op-shop I picked up a bag of assorted duplo, playmobile and little people pieces. It was tightly packed, sealed shut with a $18 price tag. I loaded it into the stroller but had pretty much decided to put it back on the shelf ($18 hardly seemed a bargain when I couldn't really tell what was in the bag) , until a saleswoman told me I could have any kids toys for half price. And when I got home and emptied the bag I realised I had come across a secret hideout for tiny figurines of all types. There were 39 assorted small people in the bag as well as a bird, fish, playground setting, market stall and lots of other pieces which I haven't quite figured out yet.




I also picked up this fabulous little set for $3 and it is unused! I had something similar when I was a kid but I think this one is more likely to be from the 80's. The word cards haven't even had the letters punched out yet! It is a bit old for Kitty and a bit young for the other kids but I am sure in a year or two it will get lots of use. I remember loving the version I had when I was small.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I call those "round head people" - love and am collecting for the vintage bus I have that they fit in. :)

Krissy @ B.Inspired said...

That learning toy is so cute! I would have snatched that right up, too.

Thanks for visiting me at B.Inspired Vintage!

Suzy said...

What a score! Those little people are gorgeous.

bettina said...

I love op-shopping so many treasures out there, love your little 'round head people' and word maker such retro cool.

b xo