Monday, June 27, 2011

keep cup for little tea drinkers



My kids have all been tea drinkers from a very young age. I used to make up their formula with chamomile tea when they had unsettled tummies and they have always enjoyed a cup of rooibos tea or other herbal tea as toddlers. Now I let the older ones have milky earl grey most afternoons. They drink it in nanna's old teacups and it is lovely way to warm up after a school day.

Kitty on the other hand is still breastfed and never had formula and she won't even drink milk. She loves milky rooibos tea though and has at least 3 or 4 cups a day. It was always a little messy as she isn't too good with teacups yet so I was so excited to come across this little cup on pinterest. It is called a keep cup and I love it! So does Kitty. Now tea time has a lot less spills and her tea stays warm while she is sipping. I bought mine from baby be natural. They have free shipping and it arrived super fast. We have had ours for a few weeks now and I have just ordered another one to keep in the baby bag for when we are out and about. I have gone with a slightly larger size as Kitty loves her tea and can knock back two of these one straight after the other. And this time I ordered direct from keep cup as you can get all fancy and customise your own colours!



Look at my little lady - pinkies out even when it isn't a china cup!

And just reminding my lovely readers that this is NOT a sponsored post. I am getting very over all the advertising rubbish clogging up blogland lately especially when the same product is being touted by everyone at the same time. Heaven help me if I have to see another Cars post or shower wipe demo. I only share stuff I find myself and love and that I think others might like too.

9 comments:

The {G} Family said...

Oh my this is adorable! We don't have warm tea here in Arizona (US), but 2 of my 4 little ones love iced tea. :) What stuck me in your most was that Kitty will drink what you are calling milky tea? Is it warm tea with milk? My youngest will not drink anything but water and iced tea. ha But, I wonder if I added milk she would? Do you mind sharing your recipe if you have one? Thanks so much!

ingrid said...

Hi {G} family. Milky tea is just half tea half milk. For the older kids they have earl grey and for the little one I use rooibos. I just make the tea the normal way then add the milk. 50/50 hot tea then cold milk makes it the perfect temp for little ones to drink and it means I can get the baby to have some milk as she won't have milk any other way.

Small Things Simple Pleasures said...

I've got a couple of keep cups (we've got a good coffee machine at home so take one with me rather than buying takeaway if I need to be somewhere early) and agree they're great.

Don't make the same mistake I did, though, and think they won't leak. I used to seal my empty and throw it in my bag. Learnt my lesson.

Kate said...

I think little kids drinking tea is just the cutest thing. There are a couple in our Steiner playgroup who bring along their roobos for morning tea.
I on the other hand am strictly a coffee drinker. I have about 4 keep cups knocking about just incase.

Little Munchkins said...

I have seen those cups around the shopping centre but I never really thought too much about it. It sounds great though - might have to pick one up for my niece.

Cass said...

I love keep cups and you've just reminded me I need to get one for jeff's birthday

red in oz said...

such a cuties Ingrid. And I'm with you on all the product placement and advertising in blogland at the moment, it's turned me off so many of the blogs that I used to read and love...

Naturally Carol said...

I love that pinkie! I must admit I am the same with advertising on blogs..however I found some fantastic chai tea cordial I want to share tomorrow..but it is purely 'cos I love it and have just discovered it and not 'cos I am being paid at all!

Kylie said...

They are cute arelt they - I have one for me and never even thought of the kids:) I make my morning coffee in it and if I dont get time to drink it all I have a drink to have in the traffic on the way to school:)