Thursday, June 02, 2011

little vintage style {remembering}




I was going to skip little vintage style this week. It has been wet and miserable most days and I just haven't had a chance to take many photos. But then I saw Stacey's post and decided to do the same as her and pull out some old photos of something I had made from a vintage pattern.

This little top which I made for Lottie back in 2006 is probably my most favourite garment I have ever sewn. I used a vintage pattern and an old vintage table cloth. She wore it so much that summer. Seeing her this small makes my heart ache. They grow so fast. I love these super saturated pictures too - they seem to capture that moment so perfectly.
Kitty will be big enough to wear the top next summer. And when she grows out of it, I will pack it away safely in a box of treasured items - full of all the things I just cannot say goodbye to.




Why not go and see all the other cute kids over at little vintage style. I will be back with Kitty style tomorrow - that is if it isn't raining and we even bother to get out of our pyjamas.

12 comments:

Stacy said...

wow, i love the fabric! great job - hope to see more clothes you've sewn (or will sew)!

kirsty@shoproomstudio said...

gosh that's gorgeous ingrid! love it.

x

Liam's Mummy said...

I can see why that is a favourite. It is beautiful.

Krissy @ B.Inspired said...

I love the green floral. It's so refreshing to see girls' clothes that aren't pink! Lovely work! :)

Carolyn said...

Great job! I love the fabric!

Homeowner Insurance

kim rakes said...

adore this ingrid! that fabric is so swoony, good pick!

Corey Moortgat said...

wow, that fabric is gorgeous! I've got a pile of clothes that I can't bear to get rid of as well- funny, my pile for my daughter is about twice the size of both my sons' combined though!!

bee said...

Oh that is just divine! I can see why you treasure it so much, what a special piece of clothing :) I love it!

bettina said...

I love that top too, our girls have grown up way to quick haven't they but they are blossoming so beautifully.
b xo

Allana said...

Beautiful photos and gorgeous outfit! :)

AngieK said...

Oh my, that is so cute! Love both the fabric & pattern. Perfect!

flowerpress said...

Love the fabric (!), the pattern and the photos. And such a sweet model too :-)