Thursday, July 28, 2011

kitty style



Kitty style this week is a special treat. She is wearing the most gorgeous dress hand knitted by the super talented Kylie of mealy and i. I have lusted after a soft grey knitted dress for Kitty for a long time and being a non yarn crafty person, and having no luck finding one second hand, I did the only thing I could and asked a fabulous knitter to make one for me. Kylie used tikki's wonderful bloom pattern and I have to say I am in love with it. The details are gorgeous yet the style is simple and it will look fabulous in warmer weather on its own or in cooler months over a tee and tights.

The only sad thing about these pictures is that I pulled out Kitty's patent black mary-janes to wear and they no longer fit! I guess that means it is shoe shopping time again. This girl has giant feet. She will be going into size 8. I don't think my other children wore 8's until they were at least 3 and Kitty has only just turned two.



kitty wears
handknitted dress - mealy and i
pattern by tikki

I am linking up with small style again this week. And there is still a few days left to enter my giveaway over here. I am trying to do some stash busting so the package might even grow!

28 comments:

sophie said...

She looks gorgeous Ingrid!

dixiebelle said...

Oh, so gorgeous, love that dress (some people are so clever) and your daughter is beautiful in it!

lizziedoesit said...

I'm a Kitty fan, she always looks so beautiful in everything. the dress is amazing too!!

Tammi said...

That dress is gorgeous...hmmm I wonder if it would look as good in an adult size :)
x

Kylie said...

I had a dress just like that when I was little Ingrid...will try and find a pic to show you. I had a few crocheted dresses actually...they were all the rage w-a-y back then ha-ha.

Kylie said...

She looks amazing in it.

Selina said...

Ingrid, if you are selling the mary-janes, please let me know. We bought Kitty's ballerina gap onsie on eb and would love to take these off your hands. x

Saritha said...

The dress and the model look very very pretty!!

Posie Patchwork said...

I have some of Kylie's handy work on my blog today too, there is nothing she can't do!! Can Kitty please never grow up, she is a DOLL!! Then again, i can't wait to see her rocking individual style as a teen, it can happen, my children dress differently to their friends, they aren't clones, i love them even more for that.
Oh that dress is one to keep for Kitty's children, absolutely!! Ahhhh, makes me want to have more children if i can dress them like that?? Love Posie

Lil Muse Lily said...

that certainly is a gorgeous dress and she looks beautiful as always

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Oh I love it! I need to knit a cute dress for my Ivy this fall!

Steph

Liam's Mummy said...

She looks so lovely - just like a doll.

Yellow Finch Designs said...

these are beautiful!
i absolutley love the softness on the pictures!! What setting did you use?
beautiful dress too :)

Yoly said...

Beautiful dress to match your beautiful little girl :)

Corey Moortgat said...

Oh, she is such a sweetheart! Beautiful dress!

That's funny, because I thought Avery had giant feet (she's about a 6 1/2 - 7), which is much bigger than her brothers' were at this age!

Corey Moortgat said...

Oh, she is such a sweetheart! Beautiful dress!

That's funny, because I thought Avery had giant feet (she's about a 6 1/2 - 7), which is much bigger than her brothers' were at this age!

Marcela said...

Beautiful as always!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful dress for a beautiful little girl!

Color Land said...

Your daughter looks beautiful in that dress, she's a doll!
sooo cute!

Morgan said...

Oh my, that dress is gorgeous! As is Kitty, of course!

Karen said...

To die for Ingrid - adorable.

Kendra Morris said...

What a little model! The dress is adorable! I love the post!

small + friendly said...

What an adorable dress, on an adorable girl!

gabrielle said...

wow gorgeous dress

Sugarpetite said...

That is just the sweetest grey dress! What a treasure. And of course Kitty is darling as always. :)

~ Elizabeth

Oliver Wilson said...

kitty is just gorgeous!

Small Things Simple Pleasures said...

That is a beautiful dress - and so wonderfully modelled.

claire said...

Lovely!