Monday, August 29, 2011

eight



you are so clever and are constantly showing me new ways to look at the world
your mind spinning and whirring through big ideas and even bigger dreams
remembering things with your snapshot mind
striving constantly to be the best but learning day by day that being the best just means being the best you
climbing and exploring outside no matter what the weather, just aching to stretch your body as far as you can
and at the end of the day in dreamy sleep, blankets always kicked aside and limbs flung out, curls tousled around your face
and I love you more and more each day with a fiery fierce love that sometimes makes me catch my breath
I want to wrap you in my arms and keep you there small and quiet but you would push me aside with a kiss and leap away to explore the world, turning back to wave with your sunshine smile

happy birthday my beautiful adventurer
love mumma
xoxo

14 comments:

Tania said...

Happy eighth birthday for your beautiful daughter! Eight is a lovely age.

toadstooldots said...

Happy birthday to Lottie! We wish her the loveliest day!

Sugarpetite said...

This actually made me tear up a bit. How deep the love of a mother! Happy birthday, sweet girl! :)

willow and moo said...

Happy Birthday Lottie!

Amanda said...

But she just turned 7!! Time flies so fast. Happy birthday to your gorgeous girl.

Marina said...

That is beautiful Ingrid and bought a bit of a tear to my eye. I hope she had a wonderful birthday....

Bec Clarke said...

Oh she just gets more beautiful every year. Hope she had a wonderful day.

Cass said...

Happy birthday

little love said...

How cute! Happy 8th Birthday! xx

Fran said...

Happy 8th Birthday Lottie :)

Mama of 2 boys said...

What a beautiful post and gorgeous photo! Happy Birthday little lady :o)

small + friendly said...

What a beautiful post for a beautiful girl! Happy Birthday to her ( and you, after all you did a lot of work that day)!!!
Virgos are the best :)

Karen said...

Happy birthday to your 'big' girl Ingrid - wow eight!
Gorgeous post (and adventurer of course!!)

Monique said...

Happy Birthday! Time sure is flying!!!