Wednesday, August 31, 2011

for father's day











After taking about 263 pictures (of which about 240 weren't even in focus) there were 11 that had the kids looking at the camera at the same time and only 2 of those 11 in which no one was pulling a face, but even in those 2 they weren't all smiling - ARGHHHHH! So none of these shots ended up being the final choice that I framed. I used a terribly fuzzy and out of focus one that I took inside but at least they were all looking at me and smiling. I think I would have had more success if I took individual pictures of the kids holding the letters and then just put them in a 3 across frame. But only smart people would think of that before torturing themselves with the ridiculous notion that the kids would all co-operate and sit there looking at the camera and smiling sweetly.

13 comments:

Kate said...

I love the photos!

Jacinta @ modelmumma said...

I love the goofy pics! The one of your son covering Kitty's ears are hilarious... it's like you must be shouting obsenities behind the camera to smile and he is shielding her ears. heh heh

little love said...

haha! Great minds! That's what we've done for Father's Day! The girls are holding a 'D' each with them both holding/fighting over the 'A' in the middle(I need another one just to make this work! ha!). The ones you showed look good!

Kylie said...

I think these are all absolutely gorgeous Ingrid...if these are the bad ones I'm in trouble!
Your kiddos are beautiful x

sheena@sophistishe.com said...

I love them! I'm thinking you could do a photobooth-like arrangement of the photos and frame them! Would be cool!

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh your 3 youngest are such darlings, peas in a pod, love matching children who each have their own personality going on.
Also love a fellow mother of 4 who can NOT get a one off great photo of 3-4 of their children without a million attempts with lighting, hand gestures, smiles & still trying to make it look candid & natural while waving violently where the children should stand. It's my impossible dream. Love Posie

Cass said...

I have to say I love all of these, makes me want another kid just so I can do it!

CurlyPops said...

I think that's the best fathers day shoot I ever did see!

Is there a way that you could frame up all those shots together? I think it would have to garner a smile every time you walked past.

Mama of 2 boys said...

Oh what a beautiful idea and such gorgeous little poppets you have :o)
I like all of those photos and think they'd look great in a big frame, as a series of shots. I'm sure their Daddy will be stoked with the finished product xo

Vik said...

You should definitely do a collage of these in Picasa, it would look so great!

☞ Monique said...

Love the photos Ingrid! Very creative. Funny faces too.

Taylor Made said...

These are neat and would probably make a lovely fun collage print.

Tania said...

Lady, I'm feeling your PAIN but frankly, I'm sure I have it worse. YOUR PICS LOOK ALL 'ROUND FABULOUS!