Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kitty style {first pigtails}

Kitty has become so funny since I have made kitty style a regular feature on the blog. I always take the photos at our front door before we go out for the day usually on a Wednesday or Thursday so it has become part of our routine. On Tuesday Kitty wore a tutu that she loves and she pulled her little stool to the front door demanding pictures. Yesterday she had on another one of her favourite dresses and again she wanted pictures. Both times we were in a hurry and I explained no pictures today.

Then this morning rolled round and I put her in this sweet little vintage vest that I picked up a few months back at the op-shop. To say she wasn't impressed is an understatement. Obviously she didn't think it picture worthy at all. All I got was 'yuck' and 'off please mummy'.





kitty wears
vest - thrifted vintage
spencer as a tee - marquise
jeans - gap
gingham top - thrifted hand-me-down



She won in the end and I swapped the vest for another old thrifted favourite that is a hand-me-down from her big sister. Can you tell she is happy? Believe it or not that is a smile in the last picture. I think we need to work on that. And how cute are those pigtails! It was her first time ever in piggies and it definitely makes her seem like a toddler rather than a baby. As you can see I had to scrape together every wispy scrap of hair on her head and they are still teeny tiny.

Go and see the linky love over at hart + sew and mama loves papa.

19 comments:

Stacy said...

ha, LM is at an age where she won't wear what i want her to all the time either. i think the vest is cute! hopefully she'll come around... love the pigtails too!

Jacinta @ modelmumma said...

Love the preppy vest, and the gingham too. Woo, go the pigtails... maybe next year when my girl is 4 I could try? hehe.
xo

Karen said...

Too Cute!
Easy to see that's a smile Ingrid - a somewhat cheesy one though.
Piggies are great - always an exciting moment in any Mum's, I mean, little girls, life!

Ellyn said...

So so cute! It'll be sad for me when Ella starts rejecting my taste in clothes.

gabrielle said...

my vote is for the vest also, too cute,especially with the pigtails.Luckily the boys will wear anything I pick but my girls were just like Kitty at the same age. I tease Isabella who now will only wear stylish vintage about the winter she was 3 and would only wear polyprop leggings and tops and if I was really lucky a cow print pinafore someone handed down to her...she is suitably horrified I let her but sometimes the drama just wasn't worth it

Rachael said...

Bloomin' adorable. Love the vest.

lizziedoesit said...

OMG! Kitty's a rebel already! I love that she has opinions though, I can't wait to see photos of the tutu! :)

I love tutus! and of course she's cute in everything she wears but I agree with her, i feel prettier in a dress or even better yet, a TUTU!

hugs Ingrid! :)

Sara Sophia said...

Those pigtails are adorable!! I love that little girls can be so adamant about what they want to wear and what they DON'T want to wear :D My daughter is the exact same way. Sometimes her choice for days on end is one of her giant poofy fairy dresses her aunts keep insisting on buying her :D

(i secretly love it though)

--S.S.

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I will never forget Ivy's first pigtails!! That vest is adorable.

Steph

erica @ expatirababy said...

Isn't it lovely to see little ones grow into their personalities and develop distinct opinions on such important things as wardrobe items? Pretty amazing. Pretty cute.
Love the pigtails!

Sugarpetite said...

Sweet Kitty. She's a girl who knows what she likes! Those teeny tiny piggies are the cutest. :)
~ elizabeth

Kendra Morris said...

Little pigtails are so cute and fun! She looks so cute!

Mallory said...

That's pretty hysterical that she already has such strong opinions about her clothing.

Morgan said...

Oh, I love it! She has so much personality and I love that she already has her own style. Quite the little fashionista! She is adorable!

Mama of 2 boys said...

Hi Ingrid, thank you so much for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving a comment :o)
So glad you did, as it led me to your beautiful blog. It is gorgeous! Your Kitty is a little doll, precious photos. Looking forward to following the adventures from now on in :o)

Corey Moortgat said...

oh, the pigtails are precious! Sounds like you've got it made if she actually expects to get her pictures taken. With Avery, I'm chasing her around with my camera!

lynxymama said...

ha so funny!!

Baby Making Mama said...

Awe, I think the vest is adorable! I love how opinionated they become at such a young age! Love that belt too! I was just thinking I need to get my 13-month-old a cute belt!

I found you through Small Style, if you're interested, I have a similar linky called Mini Mod you can link up to! :)

Eva said...

I love the pigtails! Funny how kids develope a sense of style so young.