Wednesday, September 14, 2011

kitty style

I skipped kitty style last week. I had a dreadful headache and then a busy weekend. And we are deep in tantrums at the moment and I just didn't feel like trying to take a picture when it would probably cause a moment I would rather forget than remember.

But yesterday a package arrived from REiNViNTAGEkids - two little dresses just bursting with summer goodness, so there was no way I wanted to miss sharing the vintage love. This one is smaller than I had hoped but it still fits as a sweet top and paired with jeans it is perfect for this lovely Spring weather.

I also pulled out the pattern box this week and have been planning some summer sewing for the girls. I discovered a few fabulous vintage size 2 patterns which I never got to make for Charlotte as she was already too big and I am so excited about making them for Kitty. You might be able to spy them here in the first picture. Look for little bonnets and you are on the right track.




kitty wears
vintage lemon dress as a top - REiNViNTAGEkids on etsy
hand-me-down jeans - pumpkin patch
hairbow - ella and kate


I will be linking up with little vintage style and small style as soon as they are up.

20 comments:

Heart Felt said...

Just stunning ~ so soft and pretty.

sewshesews said...

Just lovely! I want to try some vintage patterns too, I am feeling a little intimidated though. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

gabrielle said...

love the wee dress and your link to reinvintage, luckily they didn't have anything in the boy's sizes or my visa would have been in trouble. Can't wait to see what you sew up for summer

Catherine said...

Gorgeous, I'm inspired by Kitty's hair, my little one has the same whispy hair that curls up at the ends, I was going to cut it but now I'm going to let it grow ala Kitty style. too cute.

kit and nancy. said...

such a charmer! love that hair ribbon. colours all round are just dreamy.

Aubrey said...

i want that top for myself!!! I wonder if I can find one in my size!:) love the soft dreamy feel of your pictures!

Corey Moortgat said...

really sweet photos of such a sweet girl! I see she is a thumb-sucker just like my Avery!

Rose said...

She is such a little model, isn't she! I love the misty light and that charming top!

Mama of 2 boys said...

Gorgeous! Love how you've reinvented this pretty little sundress... awesome how you can do that with girl's clothes. Good to see Kitty Style back this week :o)

MissShapes said...

Simply gorgeous. I just love it and her!

MissShapes said...

"It" being her outfit...thought I should clarify! :-)

Melissa Bothwell-Inglis said...

oooh, can I just reach through the screen and pinch those cute cheeks!
love it.
Mel
needle and nest

jane said...

cute!

Lil Muse Lily said...

super cute. as always.

Tysie said...

Love the simplicity! She is too precious!

erica @ expatriababy said...

I love your pictures - they always look so wonderful. And it's hard to believe that the little darling I see on the screen could throw an epic tantrum. Deceptive little things, these adorable little ones.
Anyway, she looks darling. As usual.

erica @ expatriababy said...

I love your pictures - they always look so wonderful. And it's hard to believe that the little darling I see on the screen could throw an epic tantrum. Deceptive little things, these adorable little ones.
Anyway, she looks darling. As usual.

Sara Sophia said...

J'adore.

Kitty always looks like such a little angelic fairy :)


Good luck with the vintage patterns!

---S.S.

Morgan said...

The dress looks gorgeous as a top and Kitty looks as lovely as ever!

I can't wait to see the dresses you sew! I need to practice my sewing....I would love to make a dress for Finley!

Stacy said...

darling top! and i am swooning over your vintage patterns, can't wait to see which one you sew up. and also can't wait to see the other vintage dress you got!