Tuesday, October 25, 2011

it's raining so i'm making a sunsuit


I wanted to start it yesterday but it was too hot. It was our first really hot day (34 degrees or just over 93 for the fahrenheit gals and it is still only spring), so I decided that a swim in the pool and sucking on iceblocks was more fun than sewing.

Today is cool and rainy and perfect for sewing. Not that I sewed today I just deciphered the gibberish that accompanies vintage patterns and tested my brain with the puzzle that is the fine paper pattern pieces with holes and notches rather than written markings. I had forgotten how tiresome and fiddly that part is. Oh well, it is all cut out now and I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I can't wait to see Kitty all dolled up in ruffles and a bonnet.

7 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Now, that's preparation..making sunsuits for sunny days! I think it will look amazing in that lovely yellow and white floral.

meika said...

I think Eve will need a sunsuit this summer. They really are adorable!

Suz said...

Very sweet pattern - I'm sure it will look gorgeous all made up:)

Brenda said...

Love that pattern and fabric, and sunsuits just melt my heart. Can't wait to see how this turns out :)

Bubby Makes Three said...

I have some gorgeous vintage patterns of children's sunsuits and the like which I am desperate to make..... but the instructions are like arabic to me!! Basting??? What the!!?? Hope fully you will have better luck!! x Nicole - Bubby Makes Three

ruby may said...

Oh it's going to be so sweet! It is getting hotter here, very quickly. Not so many days for sewing when you are trying to get cool!

Claudia Delgado said...

SO adorable! Can't wait to see it finished on the little "model"...