Saturday, October 29, 2011

lil' vintage story books - play street

I couldn't resist joining in the vintage story book fun over on Corey's blog. It was hard to know just which book to start with as my shelves are overflowing with vintage children's books, especially little golden books which I have been collecting for years. I decided to reach in and pull a book out randomly and out came this little treasure.











Play Street is written by Esther Wilkin (the sister of Eloise Wilkin) and illustrated by their friend Joan Esley. These ladies created so many wonderful books, it was Eloise Wilkins work in particular that first sparked my interest in collecting little golden books. They capture a magical charm and a sweetness of childhood will always hold a special appeal for me.

Do have a favourite vintage story book to share? Then head over to lil' vintage story books and play along.


5 comments:

Corey Moortgat said...

Oh, I must look for that one- it looks so cute with all the kids on their bikes! Such sweet illustrations...sigh...!

Thanks for linking up!

Jennifer Wilson said...

what a darling book!

My Vintage Mending said...

One that I haven't seen before. Thanks for sharing such a sweet and beautifully illustrated story.

Smiles...Renee

GardenofDaisies said...

The illustrations in this book are just darling! I'm so glad that these sweet books are getting some of the attention they deserve, after all these years.

Karen said...

I had this, or rather my sister did and I always wanted it!! I also loved " kindergarten" and my all time fave was "I can fly".