Tuesday, November 01, 2011

dear and deer friends


One of my dearest friends is having a special birthday. I popped into one of my favourite local antique shops and picked up this treasure for her. I gave it to her this morning and she loves it. I think it is as beautiful as she is.




While I was there I found this little deer and he had to come home with me too. Those lashes and spots just won my heart - there was no way I could leave him behind. I was planning on putting him somewhere in Kitty's room to go with her bambi poster, but I like to look at him too much so he is staying close to me instead.




Here is the poster in the corner of Kitty's room, over our favourite snuggling chair with the quilt made by another lovely friend. This is my favourite spot in Kitty's room. I can't even count the hours I have spent sitting here feeding, rocking and snuggling my smallest girl.

2 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Ingrid what a beautiful Bambi print. You just don't see these sweet graphics anymore. Oh so glad I popped over to see...Smiles...Renee

small + friendly said...

What a sweet post. I can see why you love that spot so much. And any animal with oversized eyelashes is a favorite of mine!