Thursday, November 17, 2011

kitty style {in denial about summer}

Yes, it is almost summer. The weather is getting hotter and the last thing I should be buying is sweet little outfits made of tweed with matching overcoats. But seriously, could you say no to this little number? I certainly couldn't. Luckily the weather fairies granted my wish and the day after it arrived the temperature dropped and the sky filled with glorious fat grey rain clouds. See, I wasn't crazy after all! This probably has no chance of fitting next winter but the fabric is actually quite lightweight so Kitty will be wearing it every chance we can get before the summer heats sets in. If I am really lucky she might just squeeze it in for a wear or two next autumn as well.







kitty wears
vintage dress, hat and jacket - hart and sew

I love the details on this set so much. the little buttons, the apple belt buckle, the white trim, the sweet little hat - it is perfect in every way. Go and see more sweet stuff over at little vintage style and small style. The cute just never ends.

17 comments:

Corey Moortgat said...

LOOOVEEE!!!!!! You could feel free to send it on over here where we are just moving into winter! Seriously adorable!!!

Melissa Bothwell-Inglis said...

plum delicious! You're too funny.. willing the weather to suit Kitty's wardrobe! Love that first shot especially.. great captures.
xo
Mel ;o)
www.needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com

Jennifer Wilson said...

oh, i'm glad you didn't pass it up... it's perfect! so cute!

gabrielle said...

that is a seriously gorgeous outfit, I love the apple buckle. I'll send our current cold weather your way. You are welcome to come hang out in our wardrobes anytime but sadly our wardrobes are not just full of vintage , we live in an old house with no storage so they are jam full of things that threaten to fall on us every time a door is opened. probably I need an etsy shop because I keep the vintage clothes the kids grow out of 'just in case' , that and Isabella wants them for the future.

Kylie said...

I love this outfit Ingrid, it reminds me of something 99 (Get Smart) wore. I wish I coud get away with wearing something just like it. I'm enjoying your vintage childrens book reviews too btw x

harmony and rosie said...

So gorgeous. Love the colour and the fabric too.

magie said...

What an adorable outfit! I love the little jacket with the cute apple belt buckle.

Cindy said...

Oh my God, I am soooo jealous of this divine outfit. I want one for me!! Lucky Kitty!

Lil Muse Lily said...

sweet! i couldn't have said no to that either. i'm in constant denial of the weather. it's always summer here in miami, florida and i always want it to be fall.

erica @ expatriababy said...

I'm pretty much dying over this outfit. How sweet. And what a lovely way to embrace a rainy day!

Susan said...

So adorable!
We're just getting into the cold months. Sigh.

Stacy said...

eep! kitty is so darling in this ensemble, so glad it found such a good home! i hope she gets more wear out of it.

Hannah Avery said...

Oh, my goodness, this is just really cute! She looks adorable, like a little doll!

-Hannah

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOODNESS what a darling outfit and what a sweet smile! It's my first visit to your blog; I love what I see! Thank goodness for #smallstyle!

Jennotjenny said...

That (points up) was me. I didn't mean to be anonymous! Mis-click.

sewshesews said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is the cutest thing ever.

MissShapes said...

WOW. That is BEYOND adorable. I can't believe the attention to detail. She's such a beautiful little girl and this outfit really compliments her so well!!