Thursday, November 24, 2011

kitty style - my little comedienne


Kitty has just discovered knock knock jokes. In a typical day I will have to answer these knock knock jokes about two thousand three hundred and seventy two times. This wouldn't be so bad if they weren't all versions of the same joke. Here is an example for you

knock knock
who's there?
pizza
pizza who?
I love pizza! (with hysterical giggling)

The word pizza can be substituted for honey and occasionally the punch line becomes "pizza is yummy!"
The thing is that the first few times she did knock knock we all thought it was adorable and laughed like crazy and now she expects this response every time. So after the punchline she screams "laugh mumma, laugh" when really I just feel like banging my head against a brick wall.






kitty wears
vintage dress - potato cake vintage
vintage cardigan - mislaidtreasures
sandals - saltwater


Sorry for the blurry pics this week. I always take my kitty style photos in the same place as the light is normally great but these were taken late afternoon and it was drizzly and grey. She is also looking a bit bedraggled as dirty as we just got home from playgroup and we got a little wet coming into the house.

More cool kids can be found over at little vintage style and small style. Go and check them out.


16 comments:

Sugarpetite said...

Love the colors of that little dress. Same here with the knock knock jokes. There is absolutely no punch line. Luckily my gals tell them to each other and they think the jokes are hysterical. :)

small + friendly said...

While her joke would certainly get old, your story has me laughing pretty hard. Adorable outfit, as usual.

Kylie said...

Ha-ha Ingrid! We went through the same thing with our youngest daughter and it does get hard to fake a hilarious response to the same, tired, old joke over and over again. Especially when it wasn't funny in the first place!

Her favourite was:

Knock Knock
Whoose there?
Kanga
Kanga Who?
Not Kanga Who
Kangaroo!

Feel free to share with Kitty (or maybe not)

I love her dress as always and I can't believe she kept that ribbon in her hair the whole time she was at play group x

P.S. I had a look at Charlotte's blog yesterday. Wow! Please tell her I think it is awesome x

sophie said...

So cute! We have the terrible head banging against the wall inducing knock knock jokes here as well!

Corey Moortgat said...

Oh my, I LOVE that little dress! Love it!! Adorable!

While your story isn't necessarily about pizza (well, it kinda is, but...), it reminds me of our house, where for EVERY SINGLE MEAL OR SNACK, Avery wants "Zah" (think the last syllable of pizza). She is obsessed!

You know, I actually have a pile of stuff destined for Etsy, but just am dreading the task of listing it, etc. Maybe I'll do a little sale directly on my blog, so the task is easier! I didn't know I'd have such a captive audience- ha ha!

Cass said...

I love Kylie's knock knock joke I will definitely use that with my kids. Mine went through this stage too so annoying. A painful one now is:
Knock knock
Who's there
Banana
Banana who
Knock Knock
who's there and this goes on for ages with the same thing until the last time and they say "orange" but said like aren't you glad I didnt say banana. By that time I feel like shoving a banana somewhere.
What about
Knock Knock
Who's there
Theresa
Theresa who
Trees are green

lynxymama said...

loooove!

Jennifer Wilson said...

amazing dress! funny post!

Liam's Mummy said...

Cute dress. My boys both like this one:

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Interrupting cow
Interrupting c-
Moo!

followed by many giggles.

gabrielle said...

Kitty is gorgeous as always, love those wee red sandals and matching bow with the dress. Your billy cart looked cool the other day too, loved the pic of Kitty in those little bloomers.
We too have bad knock knock jokes going on, the favourite being
knock knock
who's there
boo who
there there don't cry it's just a joke
at least they all laugh at each other.

magie said...

That's a funny story. I am sure I use to drive my Mom up the wall, with knock knock jokes and the like. I will spare you any knock knock jokes :P haha.

Your daughters outfit is just the sweetest. The little vintage dress is just adorable and it goes so well with the lovely cardigan.

Little Munchkins said...

I can totally relate to your story. I have heard so many knock knock jokes that aren't even funny but I am expected to laugh even when they are not.

Kitty is growing up so quickly, she is such a cute and pretty girl!

Lil Muse Lily said...

lol, i would want to bang my head on a wall too. lol
she looks adorable as always

Susan said...

That's hilarious. Especially the brick wall bit. :)
Her dress is so sweet -

ringmaster said...

i love love love this dress on her!!!!

Stacy said...

so cute! can't get enough of scallops. and i love her joke :)