Wednesday, January 11, 2012

kitty style {vintage sunsuit love} and a little bit of quilting too

With summer well and truly here it is time to get out the sunsuits. The one I am making has been a bit of a disaster as the vintage fabric is very thin and a real pain to sew with so at the moment it is stuffed in my WIP box. Yes I am a lazy and non determined crafter, but with long hot lazy days I just can't be bothered dealing with anything fiddly. I have been busy quilting though and would love it if someone could recommend a good pen or pencil to mark lines with. The expensive pen I had dried out after one use and the pencils all seem to need a lot of heavy pressing back and forth in order to make a visible line. Anyhoo the quilting on this one is all done and now it is trimming and binding time.




For Kitty style this week I couldn't resist sharing this little vintage sunsuit. Kitty was quite fascinated by it and was sure we were about to go swimming. She spent a long time checking out all the details before she settled down to play. It is one of three that I bought from mislaidtreasures. They are all the same just in different colour ways. This aqua blue one is my favourite. It is covered in the sweetest little deer and bunnies all frolicking happily about. I am sure that nothing in the whole world could be sweeter.








kitty wears
vintage sunsuit - mislaidtreasures

We are linking up with small style over at mama loves papa and trendy tots as well. Did I ever say how much I love the name of Morgan's blog? I am sure I have, but I will say it again - I just love the name mama loves papa, it makes me smile every single time.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

LOVE that print, she looks so cute! and can't wait to see the quilt, i already know i will love it too.

Milly said...

I use a Hera marker to mark quilt lines. It looks like a pate knife and marks grooves in the fabric rather than leaving an ink mark. Any quilting shop should have one, probably even spotlight will stock them.

bec said...

That first photo of her is priceless, I really didn't think she liked that outfit at all! Sooo cute on her! But I think anything would look on your gorgeous kids!

Corey Moortgat said...

Love, love, love that little suit! SO ADORABLE!!! And love the pic of her checking out her little behind!

gabrielle said...

too, too cute, I have high hopes of getting Arlo in his mislaidtreasures's sunsuits this week too...apparently the rain is staying away. The frill on Kitty's makes it extra cute I think

Kim said...

So cute! Love how intently she's checking it out. Thanks for linking up to Trendy Tots :)

Jennifer Wilson said...

oh my heart is racing over that swimsuit!!! and i just love she's checking it out!