Saturday, January 07, 2012

lil' vintage story books - my kitten

I was commenting on another blog this week about how I used to play baby dolls with my cats when I was a child. I would dress them up and push them around in my dolly pram. It reminded me of this book, one of my all time favourites illustrated by Eloise Wilkin, so I thought it would be perfect to share on lil' vintage story books this week.

This book is such a favourite that I even chose some of the images and framed them for Kitty's bedroom so I get to see them every single day.










6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet! I remember this book and love the pretty little girl...and kitten, of course! Hugs! ♥

Tanya said...

whoever did those illustrations- they were always my favourite little golden books.. I had one about twins, with similar illustrations and one called 'we help mommy'!!

Kylie said...

You can't go past Eloise Wilikin's beautiful illustrations, that's for sure.
I'm afraid I'm not a cat person and our doggies were always too big for me to dress up and push around but my Mum used to dress up her pet chook and push it around in a dolls pram! She only had one doll and wasn't allowed to play with it!

Corey Moortgat said...

I just adore Eloise Wilkins!! I haven't seen this one, but Avery loves kitties, so I think I need to go looking!

Selina said...

I remember this one! Love it.
x

Blossomnbird said...

ooh I remember these books too...some of my faves as a child...such gorgeous illustrations!