Thursday, March 15, 2012

kitty style {the heartbreak of no pink dress}



Rather than no Kitty style at all I thought I would share with you the heartbreak my poor darling goes through when her favourite pink dress is in the wash. There is sobbing and tears and more sobbing and at least half an hour of drama before she resigns herself to the outfit of the day. Now I am not a totally mean mumma, she is wearing that darn pink dress every second day almost, but it still needs washing. And if she sees it hanging on the line she will insist on putting it on even if it is wet.

Now in the days before the pink dress this orange one was a favourite. I mean its gingham and spins, has lace and a gorgeous collar - what's not to love? It is a million times more gorgeous than the beloved pink and I live in hope that one day Kitty will see the light. Maybe next week in Kitty style I will show you the pink. That post is sure to be full of smiles from Kitty.






kitty wears
vintage dress - potato cake vintage


linking up this week again with our favourite bunch of little kids at small style over here


21 comments:

Carmel Morris said...

Hilarious! You should just get another pink dress the same.

Liz, Carmel's Mum said...

I remember when we had the same thing happening here over 30 years ago.

Jessica said...

Oh, so adorable. The orange dress is divine though!

http://tinydais.blogspot.com

lynxymama said...

oh man, these pics are CLASSIC! that dress is ADORABLE. oh sweet girl.

ringmaster said...

this is the best thing ever!!!! she is too cute!

Megsie said...

the orange is amazing, poor Kitty and poor Ingrid,i know the feeling. So frustrating. I spied a sweet little handmade vintage number in the oppie and thought of you but had no change. On return it could not be found. sadly...

Kylie said...

Oh Ingrid these photos of Kitty are beautiful. In some ways I know how she feels, I still annoy my husband when I say...I can't go out tonight, I've got nothing to wear! Except Kitty does have something to wear. I know her wardrobe must be bursting with gorgeously pretty vintage dresses.
Just wondering Ingrid, do you wear vintage yourself? You pick the loveliest things for Kitty (even though she doesn't want to wear any of them at the moment!)

Stacy said...

aw, kitty! the dress is seriously darling on her, would love to see her beloved pink one too.

Cass said...

You are so mean, making the poor child wear a dress she doesn't want to wear,the poor little thing. Suck it up and wash that pink dress every night, you know you have nothing better to do!

gabrielle said...

too funny, even with the sad faces the orange gingham is awesome

willow and moo said...

Hahahaha! What Cass said! You're such a meanie! NOT!

Corey Moortgat said...

aww, poor Kitty! Love the crying pics! Sometimes I'll snap photos of Avery while she's having a meltdown, and I think people who see me must think I'm just awful. But they're so fun to look at later! Love her little orange dress, btw!

Elaine A. said...

Oh yeah... she's not happy.

But she looks adorable!! :)

Yellow Finch Designs said...

oh, her face! but i love the orange dress!

flannery o'kafka said...

Oh my goodness, she's just lovely. Absolutely amazing face.

Kelli said...

oh my goodness! that face! she is so sweet, even when she's sad! ;)

A Mother and A Daughter said...

I love this dress! So sweet! ~ Alicia

OliversForest said...

cheer up kitty! that orange dress is so sweet!

hong kong property said...

the first pic is really adorable

Fran said...

oh the injustice of it all! Scarred for life do you think?? ;)

photographer australia said...

Absolutely stunning photos!. Excellent work.
family photographer
photographer in Regional NSW Australia