Thursday, May 10, 2012

in reply

I got my first nasty blog comment in years today. I deleted it and then straight away wished I had left it up so that I could have responded directly in the comments. Lucky I can cut and paste from my email notification.

anonymous said the following

"Why do people feel the need to digitally alter pics of children who are gorgeous naturally?

She is not a Blythe doll she is a human being." 



Dear anonymous,
Thank you so much for noticing the natural beauty of my children. Of course it is genetic and they look that way because they have inherited my stunning good looks and graceful poise. Sadly my photography skills are not as memorable as my beauty and often the lighting is all wrong or my big toe is in the picture. I have learnt that these things are fun to fix with photo editing programs and I can even play around and pretend I am all arty and make my pictures look soft and dreamy like my kids or evoke a bygone era with some fancy stuff that clever people who make photo editing programs have spent hours putting together for me.  I don't use any airbrushing or touching up on my kids directly because as you have already mentioned they simply don't need it. Perhaps you have actually underestimated how gorgeous they really are?
Thank you for also pointing out that she is not a blythe doll. Sometimes I do mix her up with my dollies but then I just have to remember that the ones that sit quietly in the cupboard are the dolls and the ones that play, giggle, scream and run around, get showered with love and attention and drive me slightly crazy are my children.
Oh and there is a little button where you can sign up to blogger and then respond to people and let them know who you are. Being anonymous is only fun for nasty types who are too afraid to stand behind their words and own their opinions.

12 comments:

Carmel Morris said...

*clapping*

Sally said...

BRILLIANT response. You go girl!

Kate said...

Great response - your kids ARE gorgeous.

Kylie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylie said...

Well said Ingrid - you tell 'em!

p.s. of course your gorgeous children inherited their beauty from their wonderful Mum.

x

gabrielle said...

great reply. the only similarity I can see between the children and the Blythes are they all have fabulous outfits.

Tanya said...

It takes effort and abit if energy to leave a comment- I don't get why you'd bother to write that- anonymously and nasty in tone. Hey anonymous, I'm keen to know your thought process if you want to respond to this post? In what way could good come out of your comment- and if you were just being nasty, well, that's abit sad.Blog land can be such a happy, share the love kind of place, you are missing out. Oh and Ingrid, I am so glad to hear you do know the difference between your dolls and your children, because that's always useful as a mum!

bec said...

Fantastic response! what a tosser! I too have given birth to a gorgeous child, but in a flash i'd have your photo editing skills to enhance anything- especially my own pics! Obviously jealousy is a curse....

Brenda said...

boring people suck, you rock. Well done Ingrid.

Melissa Bothwell-Inglis said...

ha! love it. you are great mama!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ingrid said...

Is that you anonymous spamming with some other garbage?????